This Policy sets out our privacy practices and explains how we handle the data we collect when you use SmartScanner’s sites, services, desktop apps, products, and content (“SmartScanner Services”). By accessing and using the SmartScanner Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy. This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage.
What data we collect
When you use SmartScanner Services, we may collect the following data:
- Personal Data: Information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Identity like first name, last name
- Account details like user name, unique user ID, etc.
- Transactions and payments data
- Other data provided by you
- Usage data: Information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of SmartScanner Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We do not collect tested URLs or found results.
How we use data
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- Provide, maintain, test, promote, and improve SmartScanner Services
- Gather usage statistics of SmartScanner Services
- Send you administrative messages, security alerts, technical notices, updates, invoices, and order information.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the SmartScanner Services
- Detect, prevent and address technical issues
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer care and support
- Provide a customized product experience
- Fight spam, fraud, and other abuse of SmartScanner Services
- Respond to legal requests and prevent harm
- Send you a newsletter once you successfully subscribe
How we collect data
We use different methods to collect data from and about you:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Personal Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise.
- Automated data collections: As you interact with SmartScanner Services, we or third party services may automatically collect Usage Data about your equipment, browsing, and user actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technologies.
- *Third-party sources: We may receive Personal Data and Usage Data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Usage Data from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU; and
- Personal Data from providers of technical, payment, contact, and delivery services such as PayPal or Google Forms based inside or outside the EU.
Third-party services used can be found in the following.
SmartScanner Services depend on various third-party services. These services offer at least the same level of data protection as that set out in this statement. we may share your data with the following categories of recipients:
- Hosting, Storage, & Other Infrastructure
- Communication & Support
- Payment Processors
Following third-party services are used for collecting and processing your data.
Google Analytics (Google LLC)
Google Forms (Google LLC)
Cloudflare (Cloudflare Inc.)
Links to Other Sites
The SmartScanner Services contain links to other resources that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other resources or third parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave SmartScanner Services and to read the privacy statements of each and every resource that may collect your information.
Sometimes we’ll send administrative emails about your account, service changes, or new policies. You can’t opt-out of these emails. We’ll also send you non-administrative emails, including notifications, newsletters, and digests, which you can opt-out of at any time.
SmartScanner Services do not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Disclosure of your data
We may share your personal data with third parties in limited circumstances, including: (1) with your consent; (2) to a vendor or partner who meets our data protection standards; or (3) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process.
We will retain and use your information for the period necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. Once the retention period expires, your information shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification, and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
We secure information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification, and disclosure of your information in its control and custody. However, no data transmission over the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, you acknowledge that (i) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control; (ii) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and the SmartScanner Services cannot be guaranteed; and (iii) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party, despite best efforts.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit your information through SmartScanner Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal information through SmartScanner Services. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through SmartScanner Services, please contact us we will delete that information promptly. You must also be at least 16 years of age to consent to the processing of your information in your country (in some countries we may allow your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf).
Depending on your location, data transfers may involve transferring and storing your information in a country other than your own. You are entitled to learn about the legal basis of information transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by us to safeguard your information.
You may exercise certain rights regarding your information processed by us. In particular, you have the right to do the following: (i) you have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given your consent to the processing of your information; (ii) you have the right to object to the processing of your information if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent; (iii) you have the right to learn if information is being processed by us, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the information undergoing processing; (iv) you have the right to verify the accuracy of your information and ask for it to be updated or corrected; (v) you have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of your information, in which case, we will not process your information for any purpose other than storing it; (vi) you have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of your your information from us; (vii) you have the right to receive your information in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that your information is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of, or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
The right to object to processing
Where your information is processed for the public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in us or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, you may object to such processing by providing a ground related to your particular situation to justify the objection.
Data protection rights under GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights and we aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of personal information. If you wish to be informed of what your information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to request access to your information that we store and have the ability to access your information.
- You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete any of the information you believe is incomplete.
- You have the right to request the erase your information under certain conditions of this Policy.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your information.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your information. When you restrict the processing of your information, we may store it but will not process it further.
- You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your information. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
California privacy rights
In addition to the rights as explained in this Policy, California residents who provide Personal Data to obtain products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once a calendar year, information about your personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared such information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g., requests made in the current year will receive information about the prior year). To obtain this information please contact us.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to us through the contact details provided in this document. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Your request must provide sufficient information that allows us to verify that you are the person you are claiming to be or that you are the authorized representative of such person. You must include sufficient details to allow us to properly understand the request and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with the information unless we first verify your identity or authority to make such a request and confirm that the information relates to you.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy or its terms relating to the SmartScanner Services from time to time in our discretion and will notify you of any material changes to the way in which we treat your information. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We may also provide notice to you in other ways in our discretion, such as through the contact information you have provided. Any updated version of this Policy will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised policy unless otherwise specified. Your continued use of the SmartScanner Services after the effective date of the revised policy (or such other act specified at that time) will constitute your consent to those changes. However, we will not, without your consent, use your information in a manner materially different than what was stated at the time your information was collected.
Acceptance of this Policy
You acknowledge that you have read this Policy and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing and using the SmartScanner Services you agree to be bound by this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Policy, you are not authorized to access or use the SmartScanner Services.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Policy or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to individual rights and your information, you may do so via the contact form or send an email to email@example.com
Last updated on December 01, 2020